What you need: Butter knife, terry towel and an iron.
1. You may be tempted to tackle the wax immediately but let the wax harden as it will be easier to remove. If there is a large amount of candle wax on the carpet, carefully using the butter knife scrape the majority of the wax away. Again, be cautious when doing this as each carpet will have different types of fibres.
2. Once the majority of the wax has been scraped up, vacuum the remnants.
3. Plug your iron on the high setting with steam. Cover wax with damp terry towel
4. Place your iron on the damp terry towel and move constantly to keep from burning or damaging your carpet.
5. As the iron heats the wax, the terry towel will absorb it lifting the wax out of your carpet.
6. Continue until the wax disappears. Once all the wax has been absorbed, vacuum the area.
8. If this method does not completely remove the stain, call the experts at Chem Dry for a professional carpet clean.
Further assistance call us on 01905 354257